The 1965 Falcon Ranchero is the budget-priced prestige pickup for town and country. It’s designed for people on the go, people who want car comfort, beauty and utility. The new Ranchero features a host of improvements, including a choice of four more powerful and economical engines; a new 3-speed dual range automatic transmission; new economical rear axle gear ratios; crisp, clean exterior and interior styling, and improved handling. The Ranchero combines 800-lb. load capacity with all the comfort, style and economy of a Falcon car. Driving a Ranchero is a pleasure. And speaking of pleasure – the Falcon Ranchero is just about perfect for getting to your favorite recreation.
NEW POWER… SIX OR V-8! TAKE YOUR PICK!
Four great engines are available for ’65. The popular 170-cu. in. Six, standard this year, and the rugged 200-cu. in. Six have been improved for better performance and greater economy. The sizzling 289-cu. in. V-8 engines are brand new!
Pair one of the new engines with an all-new 3-speed dual range automatic transmission, a standard 3-speed transmission or a fully synchronized 4-speed “four-on-the-floor” manual with a V-8, and you’ve got a winning combination.
- Hydraulic valve lifters result in quieter running engines and less frequent valve adjustments.
- Chrome-faced top piston ring (289 V-8) reduces ring wear, scuffing and engine break-in time, retains compression longer.
- Integral valve guides give lower valve-operating temperatures, reduce warping, and increase stem and guide life.
- Aluminized intake and austenitic steel exhaust valves are more corrosion-resistant and deposit-free, last longer and require less maintenance.
- Seven main bearing crankshaft in 200 Six provides long life and smooth operation because of better distribution of bearing loads.
NEW HANDLING EASE
Ranchero gives you new handling ease. Steering has been redesigned for less steering effort and improved stability with V-8 engine installations. With optional power steering, a new gear ratio requires less steering wheel movement for turning.
Ranchero has been restyled to accent its sleek, clean, handsome appearance. New grille, side moldings, headlight trim and taillight treatment highlight Ranchero’s outward appearance, while new interior features combine to make Ranchero a truly fine town and country vehicle.
|Model||Body Code||Units Sold||Weight lbs.||Price|
|Ranchero Standard -16 of these had bucket seats||66A||1815|
|Ranchero Deluxe (bench)||66B||8724|
|Ranchero Deluxe (bucket)||66H|
The above production information has been obtained from various sources and cross-checked when possible. Although it is thought to be reliable, a person considering a Falcon based on its rarity should conduct his or her own research.