Good news for compact hardtop and convertible fans comes in packages marked “Falcon Futura.” Sports Coupe and Sports Convertible with bucket seats, Futura Hardtop and Futura Convertible with full-width seats, as you please. They’ll pamper you with leather-soft vinyl trim (10 color-keyed choices), full carpeting, Thunderbird “floating” mirror, courtesy-lighted interior . . . all the luxuries. Convertible tops are power-operated for ease; 5-ply design for durability; anchored at each roof bow for a sleek profile under way. True to the Falcon formula, Futura Hardtops and Convertibles have their thrifty, practical side, too. The Falcon Six (in hardtops) is a famous gas-saver. It set the all-time Mobil Economy Run record for 6’s or 8’s in 1961. The 170 Special Six (std. in convertibles; opt. in hardtops) packs a heftier power punch, is second in gas savings only to the Falcon Six. Add in Ford’s renowned Twice-a-Year (or 6,000-mile) Maintenance features – every one from 36,000 miles or 3 years between major chassis lubes to self-adjusting brakes – and you can see how these Futuras can put a lot more fun in your kind of driving.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT HIGHLIGHTS
- 101-hp 170 Special Six (Convertibles), 85-hp Falcon Six (Hardtops)
- 3-Speed Manual Transmission
- Bucket Front Seats and Console (Sports models)
- “Bucket-Styled” Full-Width Seats, Front (Futuras) and Rear (all models)
- 12 Colors of Diamond Lustre Enamel
- Power Top (Convertibles) in Black, White, Blue
- Color-Keyed 2-Spoke Safety-type Steering Wheel with Chrome Horn Ring
- Twice-a-Year (or 6,000-mile) Maintenance Features.
POPULAR OPTIONS and ACCESSORIES
- Black or White Vinyl Roof Covering (Hardtops)
- 116-hp 200 Special Six or 164-hp Challenger 26O V-8
- Power Steering
- Deluxe or ‘Wire-Style Wheel Covers
- Rocker Panel Moldings
- Fordomatic Drive (except with 85-hp Six)
- Ford Air Conditioner†
- Electric Clock
- Padded Instrument Panel
- Seat Belts*
- Tonneau Cover (Convertibles).
- Length 181.6″
- Width 71.6″
- Height – Hardtops 53.2, Convertibles – 53.8
- Wheelbase 109.5″
- Weight (approx.) – Hardtops 2625 lb., Convertibles 2820 lb.
- Trunk Luggage Volume – Hardtops 12.2 cu. ft. – Convertibles 9.1 cu. ft.
† = Unavailable with 4-Speed transmission
* = Installed in production, if deleted, appropriate price reduction is made.
|Model||Body Code||Units Sold||Weight lbs.||Price|
|2 Door Hardtop Futura (bench)||63B||3,2608|
|4 Door Sedan Futura (bench)||54B||3,8032||$2,176|
|2 Door Sedan Futura (bench)||62B||1,6621|
|2 Door Hardtop Futura -Bucket Seats and Console||63B||212||2,375||$2,375|
|2-Door Hardtop Futura (bench)||63C||8,322|
|2-Door Hardtop Futura -Bucket Seat – No console||63H||285|
|Convertible Futura 6 cyl. (bucket)||76B||298|
|Convertible Futura V-8 (bucket)||76D|
|Convertible Futura V-8 (bench)||76E||13,220||2,710||$2,481|
The above production information has been obtained from various sources and cross-checked when possible. Although it is thought to be reliable, a person considering a Falcon based on its rarity should conduct his or her own research.