FALCON SQUIRE Ford, America’s wagon specialist, believes you can design a wagon to be a workhorse, but it doesn’t have to look like one. The Falcon Squire is proof. Its distinctive wood-like body trim sets the Squire apart from other compact wagons. Inside, its “bucket-styled” vinyl seat trim, full carpeting and courtesy-lighted interior rival the big expensive wagons. Power tailgate window is standard; power steering available. Engine options range up to the 164-hp Challenger V-8. That part about being a workhorse? Just flip down Squire’s second seat, lower the tailgate and you’re ready to take aboard 78.5 cu. ft. of cargo.
One of the most popular of all compact wagons is the Falcon Deluxe 4-Door. It combines big cargo space (78½ cu, ft.) and low Falcon price with all the Deluxe Falcon wagon features: Bright -metal body trim, moldings and window frames. Foam-cushioned seats. Four pleated all- vinyl trims. Color-keyed, washable floor mats. Roll-down tailgate window. These are just off the top of the list. And, there are other Falcon wagons in different shapes and sizes to handle just about any hauling job you can name. Two of them (standard 2-door and 4-door) are among America’s lowest-priced 6-passenger wagons. Three others carry up to 8 passengers or 194 cu. ft. of cargo! All Falcon wagons come “loaded” with Falcon conveniences and easy handling . . . are thrifty as only a Falcon can be.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT HIGHLIGHTS
- 101-hp 170 Special Six
- 3-Speed Manual Transmission
- Full-Width, 3-Passenger Seats Front and Rear
- Foam-Padded Cushions, Front Arm Rests and Ash Tray, Dual Visors
- Color-Keyed Vinyl-Rubber Mat, Rear Arm Rest (deluxe)
- Color and Upholstery Choices: 9 (standard), 12 (deluxe) Color of Diamond Lustre Enamel; 5 All-Vinyl Trims (1 standard, 4 deluxe)
- Roll-Down Tailgate Window
- Distinctive Wagon Trim for Both Standard and Deluxe Models
- Ford’s Twice-a-Year (or 6,000-mile) Maintenance Features.
POPULAR OPTIONS AND ACCESSORIES
- Engine Choices.- 116-hp 200 Special Six; 164-hp Challenger 260 V-8
- Fordomatic Drive
- Power Steering
- Power Tailgate Window
- Roof Rack
- Rear Window Screen
- Deluxe or Wire-Style Wheel Covers
- Seat Belts*
- Length 190.0″
- Width 71.6″
- Height 54.9″
- Wheelbase 109.5″
- Curb Weight (approx.) – Standard 2-Door 2770ft., 4-Door 2805 lb.; Deluxe 4-Door 2825 Ib.
- Cargo Vol. 78.5 cu. ft.
|Model||Body Code||Units Sold||Weight lbs.||Price|
|2 Door Wagon||59A||6,034||2,660||$2,326|
|4 Door Wagon||71A||17,779||2,698||$2,360|
|4 Door Wagon Futura||71B||20,697||2,715||$2,446|
|4 Door Wagon Squire||71C||6,766||2,720||$2.622|
|4 Door Wagon Squire Deluxe||71D|
The above production information has been obtained from various sources and cross-checked when possible. Although it is thought to be reliable, a person considering a Falcon based on its rarity should conduct his or her own research.