The economy that made Falcon famous…plus new style, new comfort and the plushest ride ever built into a compact car!
Falcon retains the famous 6-cylinder engine that holds the all-time Mobil Economy Run record for 6’s or 8’s. All of Ford’s famous service-saving features are built into the ’64 Falcon, too. But everything else is changed.
The new styling needs no explanation – it speaks volumes for itself. In the driver’s seat, you’ll find new comfort and convenience; the seat, steering wheel and controls have been repositioned to give you a roomier feeling.
The smoothness of the ’64 Falcon’s new ride is something you’ll have to feel to fully appreciate. Refinements in front and rear suspension, a wider rear tread . . . these plus other changes give the Falcon ride a quiet, solid smoothness no compact ever had before.
Variety? There are 17 new Falcon models. Spirit? The husky, hustling 164-hp Challenger 260 V-8* leads a line-up of five engines, four transmissions. Price? Still pure Falcon. Samples? See your Ford Dealer for a test drive. Get reacquainted with Falcon today! Try Total Performance For a Change!
STANDARD EQUIPMENT HIGHLIGHTS
- 85-hp Falcon Six
- 3-Speed Manual Transmission
- Full-Width, 3-Passinger Seats Front and Rear
- Color and Upholstery Choices: 10 Colors of Diamond Lustre Enamel, Beige Cloth-Vinyl Trim
- Foam-Padded Front Seat Cushion, Vinyl-Rubber Floor Mats, Float Arm Rest and Ash Tray
- Dual Visors
- Ford’s Twice-a-Year (or 6,000-mile) Maintenance Features.
(Available in addition to above, at moderate extra cost)
- Distinctive Body Trim, Bright Drip Moldings, Hood Ornament
- Choice of Beige, Red or Blue Cloth/Vinyl Trims
- Color-Keyed Floor Mats
- Rear Arm Rests and Ash Tray
- Cigarette Lighter
- Courtesy-Lighted Interior
- Length 181.6″
- Width 71.6″
- Height 54.5″
- Wheelbase 109.5″
- Curb Weight (approx.) -2-Door 2475 lb., 4-Door 2510 lb.
- Trunk Luggage Volume— 12.2 cu. ft.
|Model||Body Code||Units Sold||Weight lbs.||Price|
|2-Door Sedan (bench)||62A||3,6441||2,365||$1,996|
|4-Door Sedan (bench)||54A||2,7722||2,400||$2,058|
|2-Door Sedan Deluxe (bench)||62D||2,8411||2380||$2,039|
|4-Door Sedan Deluxe||54D||2,6532||2420||$2,101|
The above production information has been obtained from various sources and cross-checked when possible. Although it is thought to be reliable, a person considering a Falcon based on its rarity should conduct his or her own research.